Thursday, October 3, 2013

A England Sleeping Palace & Princess Tears

Hey there!  Tonight I'm going to show you another two shades from one of my favourite brands - A England.  I'm sure I've said it before but wow Adina has created the perfect nail polish formula.  I want to show both of these lovely purple shades in direct light and in the light box so you can see how they look indoors and outdoors.

A England Sleeping Palace - light box
A England Princess Tears - light box



Sleeping Palace is from the latest collection, The Burne-Jones Dream collection.  This is a dark purple shade with a subtle holographic facet that is more visible in direct light.  This is two coats plus top coat.

A England Sleeping Palace - direct light

At first I didn't think I needed this one because I already had Lady of the Lake but they're very different purples.  Sleeping Palace is darker and dustier.  It's a little grey and smokey compared to Lady of the Lake.  You can see in the pictures below that, even in indirect light, you can still see the holo prism that Sleeping Palace has.

A England Sleeping Palace - light box

A England Sleeping Palace - direct light

Princess Tears, from The Legends collection, is also a purple with holographic particles but this one is much lighter than Sleeping Palace.  Again, this is two coats plus topcoat which is pretty amazing for a color this light.

A England Princess Tears - direct light

Princess Tears is more of a lilac with strong grey undertones.  Or grey with lilac undertones.  I can't decide which color is stronger in it.  There's also definitely some silver in it.

A England Princess Tears - light box

A England Princess Tears - direct light
I also did some subtle stamping on Sleeping Palace using Princess Tears and PUEEN28.  What do you think?  Too subtle?




I only discovered A England last spring and I'm so so so happy I did!  I already have quite the collection of these beautiful polishes going and I keep adding more.  Pretty soon I'm going to have to wait for new collections because I'm going to have them all!

That's all for now.  Tomorrow I'm planning to show you how great these two look together.  

'Til next time...

  

No comments: