Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Esmaltes Da Kelly Swatches - Loosho, Phoenix, Slice Of Life and Thabata

Hey there!  Today I have a few swatches of an awesome, underrated, indie brand, Esmaltes Da Kelly.  Maybe it's just me but occasionally when I wear a bottle of nail polish from a brand that either I haven't used before or haven't worn in a while, I (re)discover a love of it and I wear the same brand over and over again.  This is what happened here.


Esmaltes Da Kelly is an indie brand out of Brazil with just the cutest bottles.  It's creator, Kelly, has some of the most perfect nails and nail art I've ever seen.  It's a shame I can't read a word of Portuguese because I look at her blog religiously.  

Phoenix is the first Esmaltes Da Kelly polish I purchased so I'll show it first.  It's a rich, rich, rich, purple filled with glitter.  The glitter gives is a slightly textured look and feel without being gritty.  I'm showing two coats here with and without top coat but, honestly, one was perfectly opaque.  Personally I like it better with top coat...what do you think?

Esmaltes Da Kelly Phoenix, no top coat, direct light

Esmaltes Da Kelly Phoenix, with top coat

Esmaltes Da Kelly Phoenix, with top coat
Loosho is described as a metallic gold but, at least on me, it leaned a bit towards an orange-gold despite looking just gold in the bottle.  Between the metallic finish and the glitter it looked like fire on my hands and I loved it.  Again, this is two coats plus top coat but this one is so opaque that I've grabbed it for nail art a few times.   

Esmaltes Da Kelly Loosho

Esmaltes Da Kelly Loosho

Esmaltes Da Kelly Loosho

Slice Of Life is a red jelly filled with glitter.  I think I've mentioned it here before but I have a thing for red, sparkly nail polish though I rarely wear it.  Slice Of Life is in competition with Ozotic 621 for being my favorite sparkly red.  This is two coats plus top coat.  Because I was feeling a little blue the day I wore this, I also stamped some shattered hearts on using Konad Black and Bundle Monster BM-411.

Esmaltes Da Kelly Slice Of Life

Esmaltes Da Kelly Slice Of Life

Esmaltes Da Kelly Slice Of Life

Esmaltes Da Kelly Slice of Life and BM-411 shattered hearts

Lastly, Thabata, has a clear base with silver holographic glitter.  It is pretty sheer so this is 3 coats plus top coat but could be layered over other polishes.  It reminded me of squishy version of China Glaze Glistening Snow (a personal fave of my sister's) but without feeling like concrete on my nails...  

Esmaltes Da Kelly Thabata - light box

Esmaltes Da Kelly Thabata - direct light

Esmaltes Da Kelly - direct light

I don't see this polishes talked about much which is a shame because they're superb.  I realize I'm raving and that this sounds like a paid review but I promise I bought all of these with my own money.  The bottles are smallish but, let's be honest, how many of us are finishing all our bottles of nail polish?

Even though this brand comes out of Brazil it is available internationally at Color4Nails and Llarowe for the rest of us.

'Til next time...











No comments: