Sunday, December 22, 2013

Santa and His Reindeer Nail Art

Hey there!  Earlier this week I joined the Adventures In Stamping Facebook group.  Every week there's a Sunday Stamping theme and this week's theme is Merry Christmas!!  Here's what I came up with.


I started with 2 coats of OPI My Favorite Ornament.  I bought this one as soon as Nail Polish Canada released the OPI Holiday polishes but hadn't tried it before now.  Well, that was silly of me.  This polish is gorgeous!


This polish is so packed with glittery goodness that it almost looks like a textured shade but it isn't.  There is however the normal amount of texture that you get with glitter polishes so I used two coats of top coat to make it smooth because I knew I'd be stamping on top of it.



For the stamping I kind of picked from various images.  The sleigh is from Bundle Monster BM-213. The reindeer and the trees are from separate Christmas sweater pattern images on the MoYou London Festive 06 plate.  On my right hand I made a decal so I could flip the sleigh direction and just used the reindeer from the other half of the image so I could have mirror images on my hands...genius, right?  Haha!


Sadly I didn't have enough fingers to stamp ALL of Santa's reindeer.  But I did add Rudolph's nose using China Glaze Ruby Pumps.  


And lastly on my thumb I added a second Rudolph using a big reindeer image from Bundle Monster BM-H01 and filled in his nose using China Glaze Ruby Pumps and his eyes using Orly Sweet Peacock.  The sparkly blue eyes make him look a little possessed...


I have to thank my friend Sarah for helping me figure out what to do for this challenge.  She was over on Friday to get her nails done and helped me go through stamping plates and gold polishes to come up with this Merry Christmas mani.  Thanks Sarah!  

I'm so looking forward to these Sunday Stamping challenges.  I hope having a theme will help me be more adventurous in my stamping nail art instead of always just stamping full nail images like I usually do.  

'Til next time...


No comments: