Friday, January 24, 2014

The Neighbourhood/The NBHD Nail Art

Hey guys!  I meant to post this yesterday but then I got distracted (by cleaning, of all things...) and didn't get around to it.  At least now I have a clean place to live in for the weekend!  Anyways, I wanted to share some nail art I did last weekend inspired by the album cover of The Neighbourhood's I Love You.  This album was released in April but I only discovered it last month after I found I had Shazamed the same song twice which seemed like a good enough reason to buy the album.




For those of you who don't know what the album cover looks like, here it is.  I'm not sure what the symbols are meant to represent but I love the cloudy background (which was impossible for me to emulate on my nails).

image source

I started with a base of 2 coats of China Glaze Recycle and then added white and grey acrylic paint to try to make the background look a bit cloudy but it ended up looking more like camo than clouds.


Then I freehanded on the album's symbols using white acrylic paint.  Since there's only three symbols, my pinky was naked so I used the I <3 you image from Bundle Monster BM-425 since that's the album title.  




So that's my new fangirl nail art.  I did these on Sunday and this week it was announced that the band was coming to town!  I'm sure I'll be the oldest one there but I bought my tickets today!  

Just in case you haven't heard them, here's the video for the song that I love so much.  Enjoy!


'Til next time...









No comments: