Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Canada Day Nails

Hey there!  In case you didn't know Tuesday (July 1st) is Canada Day for those of us up north and, appropriately, this week's Sunday Stamping theme is Canada Day/4th of July Nails!  As a proud Canadian, of course I had to put some good ol' maple leaves on my nails.  Hopefully when this gets posted, I'll be sitting by the fire pit at the cabin relaxing, as is my Canada Day tradition :-)



For these I started with a white base and then used Bundle Monster BM-H11 (multiple leaves) and MoYou London Mother Nature -07 (single leaves) and Zoya Sooki to made stamping decals.


I love how these turned out but I'm mortified at the mess that's left on my pinky.  Cleaning up both red and black around my crappy cuticles was bound to be a recipe for disaster.  In other words, I wasn't surprised that I couldn't completely clean them but it was still disappointing.


One of my biggest pet peeves in the land of stamping is that there is a severe lack of images with the traditional Canadian maple leaf that's on our flag.  And, as any Canadian child knows, it's darn near impossible to draw that thing by hand.  Seriously, if you don't believe me, go try it...IMPOSSIBLE!  


'Til next time...





  

No comments: