Monday, August 18, 2014

Dragon Scale Nail Stamping

Hey there!  Tonight I have one of my favourite nail looks I've ever done.  I did these last night and couldn't wait to share them.  One of the stamping groups I'm in had a "scales" prompt and, since I'm re-reading the Game of Thrones books (technically called the A Song of Ice and Fire),  I knew I wanted to do dragon scales again.  I did them shortly after I started my blog last year here but I think these are turned out even better.  So much so that I couldn't narrow down my photos.  I just liked every step so much.  Don't say you weren't warned...



These started with 2 coats of Victoria's Secret Boudoir, a metallic red that my sister bought for me awhile back when I was having a bad day.  Isn't she sweet?  She hates reds but I'm a sucker for a good red, especially a metallic one.



Then I used the dry brush technique to add a bit of black and gold, Mentality Jody and Wet n Wild Black Creme.  Chalkboard Nails did a great tutorial but I brushed off even more of the polish than Sarah did.  Mine were almost bone dry.


Now, because I wanted these super glowy, I added two coats of Color Club Snow-Flakes.  These flakes are fantastic.  Check out the gold-orange-green colour shifts, especially around the edges.  I took way more photos are funny angles last night to try to pick up the shifts on camera.  




And, finally, since these were meant to be dragons, I added the scales from Messy Mansion MM21 using Mundo de Unas Black and topped it all off with some HK Girl.  





So what do you think?  Please don't be like my sister and my officemate and have your first reaction be to tell me dragons aren't real.  Let's just all live in the world of fantasy for a minute.

'Til next time...












No comments: