Thursday, September 4, 2014

31DC2014 Day 4 - Green Brushstroke Nail Art

Hey there!  Today's 31 Day Challenge prompt is Green Nails.  For some reason this was a tough one for me, despite having an entire Helmer drawer full of greens.  What I ended up coming up with is some quick brushstroke nail art.  Looks a little like abstract art, eh?  I'm Canadian, ending a sentence in "eh?" is totally grammatically correct up here, haha!



I started with 2 coats of Color Club Mad About Mint which I got in a mini set at Winners.  For some reason I cannot find this polish on the internet for the life of me.  Maybe it was only in this mini set which is a shame.  It's kind of a pastel neon mint green like China Glaze Highlight of My Summer (Mad About Mint is a bit lighter though so it's not a dupe) but with a much easier formula.  


Then I added some quick brushstrokes with white (Pure Ice Superstar!), a shimmer dark green (Zoya Holly) and a medium green (OPI You Are So Outta Lime).  Here's the finished product again.



Day 4 complete!  27 to go!  I'm actually really enjoying the challenge so far but ask me again further down the line. 

'Til next time...


No comments: