Tuesday, September 2, 2014

31DC2014 Day 2 - Orange Gradient Dotticure

Hey there!  It's Day 2 of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge.  So far, so good.  After posting last night's red nails, I had to take them off to do today's "orange nails".  And I decided to try something I've never done before - a gradient dotticure!  For this I followed this tutorial from Chalkboard Nails.  I'm frequently scared of dotticures because I have problems with spacing/size consistency but those issues don't matter here which makes this style really quick and easy.



Normally I'd start with a swatch picture after the jump but honestly, these photos are not anywhere near colour accurate so it would be useless.  The base I used is 3 coats of B Squared Lacquer Leopard Highlight from the Franken Me Glow Crazy collection, a collection of neon glow in the dark polishes.  Trust me, this one is NEON!  Unfortunately my camera hates neons and always makes them look really washed out.  I've googled and googled and all I've come up with is that neons don't fit into the colour spectrum that our computers (and likely are camera) can generate so I guess you're going to have to imagine how neon this one is *sad face*.  

On top of Leopard Highlight, I added white (Pure Ice Superstar!) and Peach (Maybelline Bleached in Peach) dots and finished it off with a coat of HK Girl top coat.


Since this one is a glow in the dark, of course I couldn't resist trying to take a glow in the dark shot.  It kind of looks like a leopard in the dark, which suits its name perfectly.



'Til next time...



No comments: