Tuesday, September 16, 2014

31DC2014 Day 16 - Rubik's Cube Nail Art

Hey there!  Today's 31 Day Challenge prompt of Geometric was a tough one for me.  I don't know why.  I am aware there are a lot of shapes in the world...I just couldn't decide which ones to put on my nails!  Then I had the brilliant idea of doing Rubik's Cube nails.  Of course when I googled, I found some other bloggers that have already done awesome versions but I went ahead with it anyways and absolutely love how it turned out.



These weren't actually all that hard.  I started with a white base and used a black striper to mark the lines.  I filled those areas with Sally Hansen Rapid Red, Lightening, I-Rush Luck, In Prompt Blue and Sunkissed.  They were perfect for this because they're so opaque (I actually keep them in my stamping drawer) so I didn't have to go over the same area a bunch of times.  Then I went back over the lines with the striper, finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.



The only thing that's driving me crazy about these are that I totally got photobombed by a single piece of glitter.  And now that I've pointed it out you can't unsee it, can you?


These made me reminisce about my childhood and trying to solve that darn Rubik's Cube.  I do believe I was someone who eventually just moved the stickers.  Or maybe it was my sister.  Yeah, let's say it was my sister :-P

'Til next time...



No comments: