Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Spider Waterspotted Nails

Hey there!  As I was doing the waterspotting for the look I posted last week I thought, it struck me that when the polish was really broken up, it kinda looked like spiderwebs so I thought I'd try a little spiderweb nail art for Halloween.  Plus I had just read about the spider the size of a puppy so spiders were on my mind.



While still trying to break my orange-only Halloween habit, I decided to do these on a purple base.  This is two coats of Rescue Beauty Lounge Pause plus top coat.  It's a really pretty purple with a pinkish shimmer, not a scary color at all.


For the waterspotting, I believe I used Pure Ice Superstar! (I didn't write it down, silly me).  I tried to make sure the polish was really broken up but of course, for the first time ever, it actually managed to hold some circular spots.  The one time I didn't want actual spots...


Finally, I used black and white acrylic paint for the spider.  At first I just used a dotter for the body of the spider but my dots were a bit small so I had to make it a bit fatter with a brush.  



I still don't know what I'm actually going to do on my nails for Halloween on Friday.  Any suggestions?

'Til next time...




No comments: