Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Art Nouveau

Hey there!  It's Sunday Stamping day...and it's my birthday!  Usually I curse and cry about everything to do with my birthday but I've actually had a really good day.  Went for breakfast, chilled and watched the Food Network (even though I don't cook) and went for dinner.  And now it's onto beer with Walking Dead and Newsroom, a Sunday ritual with one of my friends.  And no emotional breakdowns :-)

Enough about me.  Today's Sunday theme is Art Nouveau and I didn't have the slightest clue what Art Nouveau meant.  Luckily I found this post from the lovely Meghan of Will Paint Nails for Food and, since she's an artsy kind of lady, it kind of gave me an idea of what kind of stamping images to look for.  I opted for a simple black and white look with lots of flowy lines like Meghan's post mentioned.



Really there's not too much to say about this one.  For the white base I used a couple of coats of CND Vinyux Cream Puff and stamped with Mundo de Unas Black.  The flowers are fro one of the new Born Pretty Store plates, BP-17.  The woman's face is from Pueen SE04B.  I honestly never thought I'd be using a face image but I think it's actually quite pretty.




That's all for today.  I'm sure my typing is driving my friend crazy as I write this.

'Til next time...







No comments: