Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Maze Runner-Inspired Nail Art

Hey there!  Like I told you about last month, I'm in a Facebook book club call The Polished Bookworms filled with wonderful folks who are into both reading and nail polish  We vote on a book to read each month and on the last day of the month we post our mani's based on the book.  This month's genre was Young Adult and it was a dystopian novel, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, that was chosen.  Here's my stamping mani inspired by the book.



The Maze Runner is focused on a small group of teenage boys who have been forced into making their own society by being placed in The Glade without any memories of their previous lives.  This area is surrounded by a maze that they're determined to solve, thinking it will get them out, hence my nail art consists of a variety of maze stamping images.


The reason I used different maze images is because, in the novel, the maze walls move every night, making it even harder to solve.  The walls are covered in ivy though so I'm still confused how the wall movement doesn't tear the ivy out by it's roots.


As for the specifics of the mani, I started with a light grey base of Zoya Dove (three coats).  Over that I stamped with Mundo de Unas Dark Grey (#34) with Winstonia W112 (pinky), Pet'la Puzzles (ring finger), Loja BBF-12 (middle) and Bundle Monster BM-602 (pointer).  Over the maze I stamped what was supposed to be an ivy-like image with MoYou London Pro-02 and Mundo de Unas Avocado (#39) and Spring Green (#56) and finished with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  Unfortunately my ivy looks more like green smudges.



Lastly, my opinion on the book.  I usually love Young Adult books.  I consider myself to be pretty well-educated but I devour books directed at teenagers like they're candy for my brain.  But I found this novel kind of difficult to get immersed in.  I just finished the book three days ago which is a long time for for me to finish this type of book.  I'm not even all that tempted to buy the other two books in the trilogy.  But it seems to be really popular, popular enough to have been made into a movie, so don't let me sway you.  Check it out for yourself and let me know your thoughts.

'Til next time...


No comments: