Monday, March 16, 2015

Mermaid Nail Stamping

Hey there!  This week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge prompts are Mermaid and Lilac & Green.  I'm in!  I've done a really similar mani before but I didn't care.  I love me some mermaid nails!  And it gave me an opportunity to use a couple of sparkly Glam Polish holo glitters I recently bought so it was a no-brainer to do them again.



I couldn't wait to try these two holo glitter polishes together when I got them and thought this theme was the perfect opportunity.  They are Arctic Freeze (green) and Whirlwind (purple), both from the Glam Polish Mid-Winters Dream collection.  I thought I might need to put a base color down before gradienting the glitter but there was enough color in the base of these that it didn't need it.  And it only took two passes with the sponge to get it this opaque.  I was impressed!  The gradient was then topped with HK Girl top coat.  


Over the gradient, I stamped this scale pattern from Cici & Sisi -04 with Mundo de Unas Black.


The little seashells and pearls came from Born Pretty Store (both previously reviewed here).  I attached them easily with top coat and then put a layer of top coat over them so they would stay on.  They are fabulous if you ever want to add a beach accent to any nail.


And just because I absolutely need to show one more photo of all the holo glittery goodness in direct light, here's a close up.

'Til next time...



No comments: