Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dark and Grungy Chevron Nails

Hey there!  It's the final week of The Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge.  I'm sad to see it go but have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for managing to do all 52 prompts.  The final prompts were dark/grungy and zig zags.  I think chevrons are zig zag-y so I thought a saran wrap chevron mani would be cool....little did I know that I'd pretty much lose the entire chevron effect.  Trust me, the chevrons are way more visible here than they were in real life!



For the chevron nails I started with a base of OPI Van To Bite My Neck? (which is probably my go to purple polish) and used the saran wrap technique to add Lost my Bikini in Molokini and KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise.  After that was dry I used chevron Nail Vinyls and Sally Hansen Back to Black (which I then saran wrapped with My Life's Porpoise).  I don't know if it's the dual saran wrap technique or the fact that I used the same grey twice that made me the chevrons do a disappearing act...


For the gradiented nails I started with My Life's Porpoise and then used both purples (Lost My Bikini in Molokini and Vant to Bite My Neck?) and the black (Back to Black).  Then I top coated everything with HK Girl.


Alas, even if I lost the chevrons, at least I got the dark/grungy look!  


And with that I say goodbye to the 52WPNMC.  But no worries, there's exciting stuff on the horizon...

'Til next time...

No comments: