Monday, September 21, 2015

HPB Presents Fall Tree Nail Art

Hey there!  Even though Autumn doesn't officially start until Wednesday, my city has definitely been in full on fall mode for a couple weeks.  Even though Edmonton is pretty much just a sea of yellow, for this month's Hobby Polish Blogger's link up theme of Fall/Autumn, I tried to paint a little tree the way I would rather have our trees look (instead of just boring ol' yellow).



For the base color I used CrowsToes Indian Summer.  In case anyone doesn't know the term Indian Summer, is a period of really warm weather in the fall.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case where I am (it's currently only 11 degrees C here....brrrr!) but it's still a ridiculously pretty polish.  It has such a good purple/red shift that I fully tricked my friend when I wore this alone.  When I was driving he thought it was red and then when he saw them straight on he saw purple..and then he got a bit hostile for me always wearing polishes that mess with his brain.  But, seriously, isn't it stunning?!  


For the tree/leaves I used all acrylic paint and topped it with HK Girl.  It looks a bit circus-y but that's okay.  Fall should be fun, right?



Hope you like my attempt to be artistic!  Check out the links below to see what the rest of the group has brought us to celebrate the beginning of fall.

'Til next time...














No comments: