Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Stamping Over Watercolour Nails

Hey there!  This week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge prompts are "watercolour" and "most precious polish".  I did a watercolor mani with my pipedream polish A Night In Vegas Cremes collection.  I know I use these polishes an absolute ton but I would say this collection is probably my most precious because they're pretty hard to get your hands on.  I was lucky and was able to grab them during a restock while they were still announcing them.  Of course then I covered most of it with stamping...because I love me some stamping!


For these I used a white base (Rica Whiteout) and then used acetone to thin out pipedream polish Happy Hour, VIP Pass and On The List to make a watercolour base.  


I wasn't super in love with how the base turned out (likely because I was at the lake when I did these so I didn't have all my usual tools) so I stamped silhouettes to give it a tropical feel.  For the stamping I used MoYou London Tourist-17 (palm trees) and Born Pretty Store BPL-021 (faces) with Mundo de Unas Black.  I was impressed with how well the faces stamped considering they're big blank stamping images which can be problematic.  To finish I used HK Girl top coat.  



'Til next time...


No comments: