Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Celestial Cosmetics Color4Nails Exclusives and March LE

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have swatches of three Celestial Cosmetics polishes, two of which are exclusive to Color4Nails.  Color4Nails has introduced me to a lot of great brands and Celestial Cosmetics is definitely one of them.  This indie brand from Australia makes hand-mixed, 5-free, cruelty-free polishes of great quality.  I might be mistaken but Celestial Cosmetics was the first brand that I was aware of that did a Color4Nails exclusive collection (The Seven Kingdoms collection, way back in 2013).  I purchased some of those back then and I continue to enjoy the Celestial/C4N collaborations.  Celestial Cosmetics also does monthly limited edition polishes that Color4Nails stocks and, although it is May, today I have a swatch of March's LE polish.


I'm going to start with the two new Color4Nails exclusives, Elfin Rose and Luna Heart.  These are both holo polishes with flakies, a really interesting combination.  Because the holo is so strong in these, I wanted to include a direct sunlight photo of each.

Elfin Rose - "vibrant violet-toned pink with strong linear holo effect, a sprinkle of miniature blue flakies and highlighted with copper flakes."

I can't even begin to tell you how awesome I think this shade is.  The mix of the violet pink with the tiny blue flakies is just really cool.  That's, sadly, the best way I can describe it - cool.  I love the speckled look the blue flakies give it and the subtle flash from the copper flakes.  I certainly don't own anything like it.  This is two easy coats.  

Elfin Rose light box

Elfin Rose macro

Elfin Rose sunlight

Luna Heart - "a black based holo with a strong linear holographic effect, elegant copper overlay and beautiful green-gold-blue opal flakes."

Luna Heart is a black holo (who doesn't love a black holo) with color-shifting flakies.  The flakes look mostly green to be but do give a gold or turquoise appearance at certain angles.  I didn't really notice a copper shimmer as the description says, probably because the strong holo masked that quality.  This is two coats.  

Luna Heart light box

Luna Heart macro

Luna Heart sunlight

March 2016 LE (Daffodil) - "light, lavender toned pink holo polish with silver shimmer and tiny opal-like flakes that shift from green to blue."

The March Limited Edition is also a holo with flakies.  I found both effects to be more subtle than in the Color4Nails exclusives but the silver shimmer to be really strong.  The shimmer gives it a fairy tale quality to me.  This is two coats.  

March LE light box

March LE macro

I think any of these three polishes would make a unique addition to any collection.  The formula of all three was great, as I now expect from Celestial Cosmetics.  And remember the Limited Edition is just that, limited, so if you're interested, be sure to act fast.

$11-11.50/12 mL bottle
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: