Sunday, May 22, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Music

Press  Sample

Hey there!  For the second time in a row, I'm late for my 40 Great Nail Art Ideas post.  I don't know what's up with me lately with getting posts written.  The nails are done, the photos are cropped, I just can't find the words to describe them I guess.  But, better late than never, here is my mani for this week's music theme.  Originally I had done a goofy one for a song I don't love but that is crazy catchy but changed my mind about it (though I'll still post it on my Instagram later today) and decided to use another one of the new Clear Jelly Stamper layered stamping plates instead.  After all, it is the Music and Notes plate and it was sitting in front of me waiting to be used.  It was pretty much fate.  AND it allowed me to do a song that I enjoy much more.



As I mentioned, this is the Music and Notes (CJS-11) layered stamping plate from Clear Jelly Stamper, the creator of the clear stampers that we've grown to love AND the inventor of layered stamping plates.  This plate is a bit different than her other plates in that there's no obvious way that you need to layer the images.  You can use any of the staffs and the notes and symbols however and wherever you want.  There's also a four music-themed script images and a pre-made music image.  I tried using a virtual piano to try to figure out what the music is for but I can't figure it out.  I measured this plate to be 6 cm x 6 cm (the perfect size to fit in one of the folders that holds the small circle stamping plates that used to be so popular).  As with all the CJS plates I've tried, I had no problems stamping any of these images.  


I was itching to use a ILNP multi chrome flakie so I used 2 coats of Electric Circus over Masquerade over black.  Lots of layering but I love the effect!  Then I stamped the curvy staff with Mundo de Unas White and the Clear Jelly Stamper Crystal Clear stamper.  


I used Mundo de Unas Black for the notes, the treble symbol and the "music" lettering.  I was originally going to place them randomly but I remembered I have a drawer of sheet music (but no piano to play on anymore) so I grabbed November Rain by Guns n Roses and transcribed that onto my nails.  I did these over a week ago but since it is finally raining here in Alberta so these seem particularly appropriate (even though it's May, not November.  I'm assuming most of you have heard about the horrific fires in Northern Alberta so let's all cross our fingers that the rain we're having will help the firefighting efforts.  


So there's if my Music-themed nail art idea for this week.  If you're interested in this plate or any of Clear Jelly Stampers other products, I'd encourage you to have a look at her links that I'm listing here.  There's even a 10% off code for those of you who want to make a purchase.    

$6/plate
Use code COPYCAT for 10% off
Available at Clear Jelly Stamper

And for the rest of you music lovers out there, below are some more musical nails for your viewing enjoyment.  

'Til next time...



No comments: