Monday, August 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Negative Space: Day 1 - Pokemon Nail Art

Hey there!  It's a new Digit-al Dozen week...woohoo!  This month we're doing Negative Space, a theme that is always a challenge to me simply because my nails are so darn stained and I'm too embarrassed to show them.  But I (more or less) have enough manis done to participate this week while being sneaky enough to hide most of the yellow.  I couldn't wait to post this one even though it's the most recent one I've done.  I totally jumped on the Pokemon Go bandwagon as soon as I could (yay Team Instinct!) and, after seeing Chalkboard Nail's Disneyland nails I wanted to do the same for Pokemon.  For any of the players out there, I hope you can tell what these are and, for anyone else, I hope you think they're at least kinda cute.



Rather than start with totally naked nails, I used a coat of Girly Bits Ridge-Filling Base Coat.  I love it as a base coat AND it makes my nails prettier.  


I used all acrylic paint to paint the pokeball and the Pokemon.  I'm not a good freehand artist but I'll admit that I'm so proud of these.  Hopefully they're recognizable as the starter Pokemon, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu and Charmander.  Charmander was my first ever Pokemon and I'm still hunting for a second one...


I finished with HK Girl top coat.  I was tempted to try it with a matte top coat as well but knew it would show all my mistakes way more prominently so I stuck with glossy.  


So that's my first design for this month's theme.  Obviously I'm keeping the negative space part to a minimum.  Feel free to see what the rest of the group has done to start off the week in the links below.  It sounds like they were way more on the ball than me and lots of them are done ahead of time.  I'm never that organized!

'Til next time...



No comments: