Friday, December 9, 2016

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Christmas Preparations

Hey there!  It's time for a new 26 Great Nail Art Ideas theme.  This week we're doing Christmas Preparations.  As much as I love Christmas, I really don't do much to prepare for it.  I'm not a baker, I don't decorate.  Mostly I just buy and wrap presents and look forward to having a week off work!  So that's what I've tried to get onto my nails...wrapping paper.  Honestly I'm the world's most terrible gift wrapper so there's some level of irony on me choosing to do this as nail art...and doing a pretty good job if I do say so myself!



My base for these was OPI Push and Shove, a very metallic silver.  Since these were meant to look like wrapping paper, the silver made me cringe a little since a paper that looked like this would probably be a pain in the butt to work with!  


For the stamping, I layered a few images from UberChic Beauty Christmas-02 (previously reviewed here).  I used Mundo de Unas Black and White and Hit The Bottle Blue-tiful.  I love that Brittany has gotten into including some layering images on her plates like this bow in this mani.  Saves me from making a decal.   I skipped the top coat for my photos but I did end up putting on a coat of HK Girl so I could wear this.  Luckily all it did was dull the white a bit, not the silver like I would have predicted.  


I'm looking forward to checking out how the other ladies prepare for the holidays.  Maybe it'll give me some ideas on how to enjoy the season even more.  You can find them all in the links down below.

'Til next time...








No comments: