Monday, March 13, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen redoes Art - The Starry Night

Hey there!  It is time for a new Digit-al Dozen week.  I was so scared for this week since we're re-visiting a previous theme of Art and I'm so insecure about my art knowledge and skills.  But I ended up really liking most of what I came up with, starting with what has to be one of the most famous paintings of all time, The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh.  I don't know what possessed me to try to do this on my nails but I'm glad I did since I think it turned out at least recognizable.



On the very remote chance that you don't know what The Starry Night looks like, I took a photo with my nails in front of my computer screen to try to compare.  


As a base, I used my favourite blue polish - KBShimmer Low and Be Bold.  I use this one so often.  I used it again yesterday as a base for a mani that I'll post soon.  I should spread my love around but I know what I like and I stick with it!


Over Low and Be Bold, I used all acrylic paints.  Then I finished with OPI matte top coat for the final look. 



Thanks for stopping by today.  If you'd like to see my friends' artistic interpretations, check out their links below.  I think it's gonna be a good week!

'Til next time...



No comments: