Friday, June 9, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Water

Hey there!  Today's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas theme is something we can't live without - water!  I know I'm not alone in really, really loving water, hence I spend as much time at the lake as possible.  Even though I can't swim, being around water is just so calming.  Or, in the case of our cold and angry lake, it's exhilarating.  For today's mani I picked a design that was calming to look at but not so calming to actually do.  I chose to do a blue water marble so it's sort of water two ways - looks like water and used water to do it.




I joked that doing this water marble wasn't calming but it wasn't really that bad.  We all know how awesome pipe dream polish water marbles so I just pulled out every blue I had of hers and went to work.  


Since some of these were jellies, I definitely needed a white base so I used pipe dream polish Whitewater.  Hey that's another water reference!  The blues I used were Happy Hour, Celebration, Tropic Thunder, Bell Bottoms, All In, Keep Calm and Chillax.  Then I topped with 2 coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top to try to make it last even longer.  If I put the work into a water marble, I want to wear it for a couple days at least. 


I think because I used all shades of the same color and did a swirly water marble, I lost some of the color definition but who cares.  I loved this, bubbles and all!  


In the links below you can find the rest of the group's water manis.  I'm looking forward to checking those out myself!

'Til next time...

No comments: