Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - June 2017

Hey there!  I'm back again today but for good reason!  Today is the day we celebrate The Digit-al Dozen's birthdays for the month.  June brings us Amy's birthday.  It's her first birthday as a mom so it's a special one.  Be sure to pop over to her blog to wish her a happy birthday month!  She wanted us to post some pink nails (her new baby is a girl so maybe that's why?) so I have my attempt at the pink quartz fad today.  Mine certainly didn't turn out like some of the gorgeous ones I've seen but it's pink so I hope Amy likes them anyway!



For my pink I used one of my first bottles of nail polish from when I started collecting them - I just didn't know I was starting a "collection" at the time.  I also didn't know there were such different finishes so I was shocked at how sheer Pink-A-Doodle ended up being.  But that sheer finish made it perfect for pink quartz nails.  


Most pink quartz nails freehand on the white stripes and then spread them out a bit.   But I'm a stamper so I stamped with FUN21 with Messy Mansion Chalk and dissolved it a bit with acetone.  I sandwiched a couple layers of stamping between layers of Pink-a-Doodle to try to give it some depth.  


The final product was topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  It might not look like quartz but I still think it's pretty :-)


You can see more pink nails in the links below.  There's a few girls that have made time in their busy summers to wish Amy happy birthday so show them some love too.

'Til next time...

No comments: