Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nail Crazies Unite - Nautical with Whats Up Nails Stencils

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I'm once again late with my nail challenge post this week.  I had a super fun, super busy weekend spent with lots of sun and friends.  This week's Nail Crazies Unite theme was Nautical .  I actually have two nautical nail art looks that I've done recently using Whats Up Nails products.  In the first I used the Anchor Stencils and in the second I used four products: Rainforest Magic Shifting Powder, Waves Stencils, Dolphins Stencils and Holographic Powder (previously reviewed here).  If you've read my blog at all in the last few months, you already know I'm a giant fan of their vinyls and their powders so I use them every chance I get.  I particularly love when I get to combine them.  There's lots of photos here so I'll get right to it!





$3.75 USD
20 stencils 
5 sizes (6 mm x 8 mm - 10 x 13.5 mm)


For these I started with Kokie Cosmetics Atlantis At Last (from my sister's Ipsy bag) and Femme Fatale Cosmetics An Immortal Soul.  On the anchor nail (the main nautical accent here) I used one of the medium sized stencils with An Immortal Soul.  Even with a glitter, these vinyls work perfectly.  For the stripes, I used UberChic Beauty Fourth of July mini plate with Mundo de Unas White.  



$21.75 USD
1 gram


My second mani used the Magic Shifting Powder in Rainforest.  I used it over blue but I want to show it over black as well (just because that's my favourite color to use under these powders.  As with their other powders, it applies easily and smoothly with a no wipe top coat.  It mostly looks a deep emerald green but there is a slight blue shift to it at more extreme angles.


$3.75 USD
102 strips
28 mm x 3.5 mm


Next up I started by using the Hawaiian Waves strips with Madam Glam Aqua Blue and the Rainforest Powder on top.  It looks good over blue too, doesn't it?

$3.75 USD
20 stencils
5 sizes (7 x 9 mm - 9 x 13 mm)


For the last bit of this nautical look, I added the Dolphins Stencils with the Holographic Powder.  I was at the lake when I did these so I had to take some photos with the beach!  It wasn't a sunny day but you can still see some rainbows.



Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...









No comments: