Friday, September 1, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Dotting Tools (but not just dots...)

Hey there!  This week's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt is one I have struggled with before.  We were tasked with using dotting tools but not just for dots.  I remember I did a blobbicure for this type of prompt before so I didn't want to do that again.  But what else can you do with dotting tools?!  Well I found this awesome tutorial for using dotting tools for flowers.  They are still dots but they get transformed into pretty flowers so technically they're not just dots, right?



I can't believe I've never thought to add that extra dot to dotted flowers before.  It's amazing how much just adding that dot of the base color changes the look...for the better I think!


For mine I used OPI Turn On The Northern Lights.  I wanted this one so bad but couldn't find the regular version so I bought the Infinite Shine version (I assume it's the same).  It really is pretty for a mainstream polish but it's not really that special compared to the indies out there.  


For the dots I used OPI Mod About You, Good Grief and that extra little bit of Turn On The Northern Lights.  I finished with 2 coats of HK Girl to smooth it out.  Below I took a photo in direct light so you can really see the shimmer in Northern Lights.  Pretty!  


I don't know about you but I am definitely looking forward to seeing how the rest of the group tackled this prompt.  We should be able to find those in the links below.  

'Til next time...

No comments: