Friday, September 8, 2017

Nail Crazies Unite - Stripes

Hey there!  This week's Nail Crazies Unite prompt is stripes.  I do love striped nail art.  I thought this would be a good excuse to copy a gorgeous look I saw from @laqvid.  I had a bunch of gradient nail foils that worked so well for these.  They turned out looking like a Mexican blanket.  I have to admit, I really love these.  One of my favourites in awhile!



Luckily @laqvid had this video tutorial for how she did these.  I don't think I ever would've guessed they were foils since the matte top coat changes their appearance so much.  


I used a black base of A England Camelot and a few colors of nail foils.  The set I bought can be found here at Born Pretty.  


The only thing that took any time was cutting tiny stripes into somewhat straight lines.  Applying the foils took no time at all.  Then I topped with OPI matte top coat (without any other top coat first).  It's the matte finish that makes these so darn cool, if you ask me.  


I can't wait to see the rest of the groups striped looks.  Maybe they'll inspire me enough to do some more striped nails this weekend.

'Til next time...



No comments: