Monday, November 13, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Futuristic: Star Trek Nails

Hey there!  Welcome to this month's Digit-al Dozen theme.  This month we're doing "Futuristic".  It's a pretty fun theme.  There was a fair bit of chit chat in our group about how the ladies were interpreting it.  I'm really looking forward to see what looks they've come up with.  Personally, I'm starting with some classic sci fi - Star Trek.  Luckily Fab Ur Nails has a plate with the insignia so this was easy peasy.



I can't claim to be a trekkie so I feel like a bit of a fake doing Star Trek nails.  But I did spend many hours watching The Next Generation after school when I was much younger so at least I'm well-versed in one Star Trek iteration...but don't ask me anything about the original.  All I know is that they were set in the future (to go with the futuristic theme) and that we still don't have teleportation, a fact that annoys me every single day!  


To do these I started with 3 China Glaze cremes - DJ Blue My Mind, Happy Go Lucky and With Love.  I then tried to add some black details to the tips with A England Camelot but that didn't turn out nearly as good as others have (to see some awesome tips, check out Cosmetic Proof's version here).  


The Star Trek patch is on FUN11.  For them I did some reverse stamping with Mundo de Unas Black and Essie No Place Like Chrome.  And then made them nice and shiny with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  


Like I said, I think there's going to be some amazing manis this week.  We can see what the girls have done for Day 1 in the links below.  Check them out!

'Til next time...



No comments: